Q5. What do I need to bring for a cell sorting appointment?
- Samples- Your samples can be in 5ml tubes or 15ml conical. You should aim for a concentration around 10 million/ml for cell lines or 15 million/ml for lymphocytes. If you don’t have nearly that many cells, don’t resuspend in less than 500ul. Buffer can be anything that the cells are happy in. More detailed info here
- Controls- For fluorescent protein work we need an untransfected sample to set up the instrument. For multicolor experiments we need unstained in addition to single color controls.
- Collection Tubes- We can collect into eppendorf, 5ml, 15ml 50ml or 96well plates. Each collection tube should have collection media already in the tube.
- Extra media- In case there is a clog and a sample needs to be resorted.
- Jump Drive- If you need your data files
- Ice- If appropriate.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!